Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default KLH model KD-1220 DVD Player, Disc Tray will not stay open

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:58:06 -0600, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

SNIP

I read your original post, and I too did not deduct from it that you
were a consumer electronics wiz. If you had been, I thought you would
have mentioned that you had checked any switches involved in the tray
operation. I think you might be better off taking a deep breath and
saying you had checked such items, rather than criticizing someone who
was trying to help you.

Hi Ken,

I am sorry I did not mention that I looked for such a switch in my
original post.

If there is a "switch", it is in a hidden location since I did not
disassemble the tray from the rest. Note: I opened the tray all the
way, then pulled the plug in my search for a switch.

If I had a SM, I would know what method is used to determine the tray
status.
John