Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default OT - any Raspberry PI / Debian Squeeze experts out there ?

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
I see CPC are doing the Raspberry PI with Debian Squeeze on a 4gb
SD-card for about ‚¬40.

Does anybody know if this kit can can
a) be set up to auto-run a program from power-on without needing
keyboard input

Yes, it auto-boots on power up anyway and you can set it to do
passwordless login. All that's then needed is to get a suitable
picture display program to run (see below) which should be easy enough
though you might have to ask for some help to do it.

b) run a slidehow of jpgs

Well it can certainly do this, I've set mine up to do it. I'm using a
program called jbrout and it chunters through displaying a 1080p image
from my digital camera jpegs quite happily. It takes about 4 seconds
to process the image (but the screen isn't blank, it just continues to
display the previous one).

--
Chris Green