Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] docholliday93@gmail.com is offline

Default Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?

On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:56:12 PM UTC, Frank Erskine wrote:

In the early days of colour TV I was told by a TV engineer that the
correct plug fuse for a CTV was 7A to allow for the switch-on current
surge of the degaussing circuitry.

I don't know whether or not "intermediate" BS1362 fuses such as 5A or
7A are still available.

In fact, was there not also a 1A BS1362 fuse, used for clock plugs,
but not shaver adaptors (or was it the other way round?)?

1,2,3,5,7,10 and 13A fuses are all still available. I remember seeing 1A fuses in clock plugs - though some clock plugs used fuses with a different mechanical size just to be awkward...