Posted to uk.d-i-y
HarpingOn[_2_] HarpingOn[_2_] is offline

Default OT - any Raspberry PI / Debian Squeeze experts out there ?

On 08/11/2012 08:32, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
I see CPC are doing the Raspberry PI with Debian Squeeze on a 4gb
SD-card for about €40.

Does anybody know if this kit can can
a) be set up to auto-run a program from power-on without needing
keyboard input
b) run a slidehow of jpgs

Application is a cheapie way of running a shop-window display - along
the lines of the 'digital picture frames' - but with a bigger display ?

I see that the output is HDMI so I'd need to adapt that to VGA...
anybody see other obvious snags ??

Thanks
Adrian

Sure, just don't go into X and use a console based utility for viewing a
slideshow of images. Perhaps using fbi which is available in raspbian.
Have it run as part of the boot.

Harder part might be doing HDMI to VGA. Converters for that weren't
cheap when I last looked.