Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Are 3A plug fuses really necessary? Why not always 13A?

In article
,
harry wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:26 pm, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 07/11/2012 18:40, David Robinson wrote:

Not my question, or belief, but found here...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1755197

Is there a counter-argument?

Only the terminally stupid would use a 13A fuse when a 3A is
appropriate.

That's about the size of it.

Years ago a "Euro-plug" was designed. It had no fuse and was a
throwback to the fifteen amp plugs we had nicely got rid of. I think
it was sixteen amp.
Fortunately it was abandoned. MK actually started making them.

do you mean the CEEform plug? MK Commando, etc. Very much in use.

I think the 13a plug is the only one in the world with a fuse.

some of our old 5A round pin plugs had fuses. Perhasp they still do in
India.

There was another where the fuse was a screw-in pin on the plug.
Haven't seen one for years.

those were made by D&S.

--
From KT24