Posted to alt.home.repair
.-. .-. is offline

Default LED Bulb cost

"Frank" wrote in message
On 11/7/2012 1:08 PM, bud-- wrote:
On 11/7/2012 11:25 AM, jon van duinen wrote:
I just bought a 5 pack of 9 led flashlights for $5. I looked at a 60W
equivalent light bulb and it was $15. Why is there such a difference
in price between LED flashlights and light bulbs?

What is the lumen output of 9 flashlights versus an equivalent 60W light
bulb.

I'm not buying any more led devices without a lumens quote.
I've got a 21 led lantern you cannot even read by.
OTOH I have a couple of led flashlights with single 3 watt Cree led's with
over 150 lumen output. Flashlights are good enough outside but 60 watt
bulbs put out ~850 lumens.

Exactly right. Lumens are the right way to do light output comparisons.

Tomsic