Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New hot water tank in july, what is fair?

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 23:10:29 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:12:10 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

My GFs sisters family bought a new sears water heater and had it
installed by sears last july. It quit working over a week ago and
sears hasnt got the parts yet, they promise AGAIN it will be fixed
by friday some parts didnt help......

Meanwhile no hot water at all

I think sears should of had the parts overnighted, and since they
have been unable to fix it they should offer a refund on the tank.
maybe 50% but perhaps more.

what do all of you think? I beleve no hot water for over a week is
unacceptable.....

and this occured in pittsburgh far from the new york disaster...

Doubt they will do anything and the warranty probably tell you that.
Yes, it is poor performance. Sears has not been Sears for a few
years. They are owned by K-Mart and even worse that way they used to
be.

Personally, I've not bought anything from Sears for years and I'd
certainly not buy a major household item.

Unless it was a major brand item - which is what Sears in Canada now
sells more of than Kenmore product.