Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix FG507

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:18:39 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

I fired it up today and no joy. Took off all the covers/shields and tested
all the fuses and still no joy. Reseated all the connectors and ICs.

Finally, after repeated power on/off cycles it started to work.

Any ideas? I need this generator for an important project but can't rely on
it now. Any suggestions?

Power wiring, switch contacts, flakey fuse, corroded PCB contacts,
etc. However, it could also be bad power supply capacitors, which is
my best guess. Use an ESR tester to check the caps or just replace
them.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D