Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default HVLP paint spraying....

Richard wrote:
On 11/7/2012 3:45 PM, Stanley Schaefer wrote:

HF had a real HVLP outfit for about $80, haven't looked
lately to see if it's still cataloged. Don't know how good it is,
either.

Stan

It's still there and it still works just fine.

I have a couple HF conversion guns, The older 43430 and a current model
66222. Both work well for the price. They are knock-offs of SATA. You do
have to look them over close before you buy though. There are problems
with the passages being drilled off center on some. Not a good thing.

I also have a set of the 94572 They are not a bad gun, they are a
knockoff of Iwata units (Although Iwata are also made in China so these
may be from the same plant, just the other side and re-badged)

Here is some helpful info on setting one up and what to look for.
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sum...Pspraygun.html

They work pretty good for base/clear paint. But like all the hybrids you
need a bunch of air to make the work properly.

--
Steve W.