Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HVLP paint spraying....

Snag wrote:

Be careful there , that HF HVLP may just be a grav feed gun with a
big orifice on the mixer cap . As Stanley says above those don't use a
traditional copressor usually .

A conversion HVLP does indeed use a traditional compressor - albeit one with
a pretty good SCFM delivery rate. They are not just gravity feed guns with
a big orifice on the mixer cap - not even the HF models. A big orifice does
nothing to make HVLP. That error in judgement would be immediately obvious
with the first coat of paint. I've used the HF guns and though I wouldn't
trade my DeVilbiss for one of them, they are quite workable guns.

--

-Mike-