Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default HVLP paint spraying....

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

Is it possible to turn a regular run-of-the-mill paint sprayer
(siphon type, used with a pressurized paint pot) into HVLP?
I'm thinking, just turn down the air pressure to the gun, turn up the
pressure to the paint pot??
It couldn't be that simple, could it?? LOL

Or is there a different atomization process in HVLP?

Nope - not possible. Totally different design inside the gun in order to
achieve atomization at lower pressures. You didn't really think it could
be that easy did you?

I was hoping, I was hoping.... LOL

I see from Stans response that they are two diff. animals.
Inneresting how well-defined the edges are, in HVLP -- almost, well,
exciting!!
If the HF HVLP is only $80 and available, I might try it out.

Btw, that HF paint pot is *totally* different than using the siphon cup that
comes with the spray gun.
The siphon action simply can't deliver the volume/coverage that the
pressurized paint pot can. The regulator on the paint pot gives another
level of control, as well.

Later, I'll post my saga, learned quite a bit.
--
EA

--

-Mike-