Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A M A Z I N G detailed model

On 11/6/2012 6:45 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:28:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/6/2012 12:53 PM, Mike M wrote:

Oh hell yeah! LOL The links will kill time too. Did you see the
erector set shop?

Don't know if I saw that one yet but the tab is still open. It's not
raining yet so got to finish hauling stumps to the dump trailer. Do
you have a link for that one?

Different, but still remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkfU0-V-xwo

That is incredible. I wish I had the ability to put 900 hours into
any project. I wonder if I went thru my mothers house if my old
erector set is still there. I loved that toy. I think those of us
that grew up with those probably have better then average problem
solving skills. Kind of like farm boys being jacks of all trades.
Also had the old chemistry kit, bet those are illegal now. Times have
really changed the things we did as kids, building forts, wandering
all over the country side, and playing baseball in the triangle park
where we got bonus scores if you could pull your hit to hit the metro
trolley when it went by. They kick kids out of school and send them
to juvenile detention for what was normal growing up in the50's-70's.
I like playing with computers, but really glad I had the exposure to a
well grounded life outside.

Mike M

ahhh the memories. I think there is a Christmas movie about Swingman's
childhood. The little guy with glasses wanting a BB gun for Christmas.
LOL.