Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Default Make your predictions, experts

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

See my answer to Mike Terrell. I do not think that manufacturing will
disappear, but I do think that as time goes on, it will employe less
and less people. Same thing happened to agriculture.

Wealth creation is via reserve banking, which serves to expand the money
supply.

Required US bank reserves (in billions) we
1985-01-01 40.322
1991-01-01 48.792
2008-01-01 43.243

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/REQRESNS.txt

M2 money stock (in billions) was
1985-01-21 2338.2
1991-01-07 3280.9
2008-01-07 7452.9

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/M2.txt

Doesn't look like bank reserves have anything at all to
do with the growth of money supply.

And

The money supply tends to shrink when the private
sector realizes that it is much too heavily indebted and
it starts to pay back debt at a much faster pace
than it creates new debt.