Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Robo-Moderation of alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 2:49*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
In my rarely humble opinion, alt.home.repair is the best
of the USENET newsgroups. *Unfortunately, it suffers from
spam and other worthless stuff. *Is it time to implement
robo-moderation? * You decide!

Benefits:
* Minimal garbage (No SPAM and mimimal other stuff)
* A pre-approved list of posters
* A burn-before-read list of ******s
* * both lists are subject to change.

Problem:
* Lots of posts from people who are not on either list

Costs:
* Volunteer co-moderators to approve posts from people who are not on either list.
* Voluntary donations to cover server costs.
* Volunteer to deal directly with ******s

When I went to Australia in November 2007, Misc.Taxes.Moderated went
to robo-moderation and now requires less than an hour a week of my
time. *It was always SPAM & garbage free. *Nothing has changed.

Dick
--
Richard D. Adams, CPA
* Moderator: Misc.Taxes.Moderated

No, you can always filter if certain spammers become a real problem.