Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repair Sylvania Model 72032 LED Lite?

On Nov 6, 11:50*am, KenO wrote:
"I am not familiar with that lite, but have you taken it apart to see what kind of batteries it uses? * That is the first step."

Bob I Agree.

Also would like to take it apart without totally destroying it.

Do you have any suggestions, especially concerning de-bonding the plastic parts.

There is a plastic ring around the main LEDs end and a clear plastic cover around the night lite LED end. *Amazon has a good photo.http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72032...LURE/dp/B000KJ...

Was thinking of using a wrench to try to twist off but am afraid of shattering these parts.

Am wondering about de-bonders?

Ken

It's not that expensive at $14. I would take a very sharp/brand-new
utility knife to the seams and carefully cut the unit at all the
visible seams, like in a circle around where the clear lens fastens to
the body, and elsewhere that you can find anything that looks like
where two pieces of plastic were joined together. Superglue is great
at re-attaching these separate pieces after you have fixed it.