Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Robo-Moderation of alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:

In my rarely humble opinion, alt.home.repair is the best
of the USENET newsgroups. Unfortunately, it suffers from
spam and other worthless stuff. Is it time to implement
robo-moderation? You decide!

I don't know where you're seeing spam.

Outside of google-gropes (which nobody should be using to experience
usenet) I see very little spam posted here.

My definition of spam is posting made by an automated process or bot, or
posts of a commercial or traffic-driven nature (that usually is posted
from IP's located in india, pakistan, and other similar places).

Benefits:
Minimal garbage (No SPAM and mimimal other stuff)

Please cite some examples of spam.

A pre-approved list of posters
A burn-before-read list of ******s
both lists are subject to change.

Problem:
Lots of posts from people who are not on either list

I suggest that you create either

misc.home.repair.moderated

or

alt.home.repair.moderated