Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Robo-Moderation of alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2012 2:49 PM, Dick Adams wrote:
In my rarely humble opinion, alt.home.repair is the best
of the USENET newsgroups. Unfortunately, it suffers from
spam and other worthless stuff. Is it time to implement
robo-moderation? You decide!

Benefits:
Minimal garbage (No SPAM and mimimal other stuff)
A pre-approved list of posters
A burn-before-read list of ******s
both lists are subject to change.

Problem:
Lots of posts from people who are not on either list

Costs:
Volunteer co-moderators to approve posts from people who are not on either list.
Voluntary donations to cover server costs.
Volunteer to deal directly with ******s

When I went to Australia in November 2007, Misc.Taxes.Moderated went
to robo-moderation and now requires less than an hour a week of my
time. It was always SPAM & garbage free. Nothing has changed.

Dick
--
Richard D. Adams, CPA
Moderator: Misc.Taxes.Moderated

Don't be a dick, Dick. Setup your own filters instead of worrying about
what everyone else looks at. ^_^

TDD