Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default New hot water tank in july, what is fair?

"bob haller" wrote in message

My GFs sisters family bought a new sears water heater and had it
installed by sears last july. It quit working over a week ago and
sears hasnt got the parts yet, they promise AGAIN it will be fixed
by friday some parts didnt help......

Meanwhile no hot water at all

I think sears should of had the parts overnighted, and since they
have been unable to fix it they should offer a refund on the tank.
maybe 50% but perhaps more.

what do all of you think? I beleve no hot water for over a week is
unacceptable.....

and this occured in pittsburgh far from the new york disaster...

I quit buying from Sears years ago. I don't care if they quit. Any thing I
bought from them turned out to be a POS in a short time. WW