Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Observation on Elmer's Yellow Glue...

dpb wrote:

Finally used up the end of the Titebond jug and since don't use enough
any more to justify the gallon of Ol' Yeller via 'net, bought a
container of Elmer's off the shelf...

Observation after previous--it's way much thinner so is pita for
running/dripping. Works just fine for results, just an observation
that I think I'll go back to Titebond even at higher cost--it just
isn't that much actual money.

I suspect the fact that it is thinner is due to the fact that it is new.
Your old Titebond had probably thickened over time. As best as I can
recall, I don't recall a lot of difference in the viscosity of the two when
brand new.

OBTW, the container had a pull/push closing mechanism. Even new took
all effort have to pull it open and after a use it glued itself shut
to take pliers to pull...

My Titebond bottle does the same damned thing. Don't it **** ya right off?

--

-Mike-