Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default New hot water tank in july, what is fair?

On 11/6/2012 8:12 AM, bob haller wrote:
My GFs sisters family bought a new sears water heater and had it
installed by sears last july. It quit working over a week ago and
sears hasnt got the parts yet, they promise AGAIN it will be fixed
by friday some parts didnt help......

Meanwhile no hot water at all

I think sears should of had the parts overnighted, and since they
have been unable to fix it they should offer a refund on the tank.
maybe 50% but perhaps more.

what do all of you think? I beleve no hot water for over a week is
unacceptable.....

and this occured in pittsburgh far from the new york disaster...

Although not having hot water would really suck, I really don't think
that Sears owes them anything. In a nutshell, sh*t happens so tell them
to make the best of it.