Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default New hot water tank in july, what is fair?

bob haller wrote:
My GFs sisters family bought a new sears water heater and had it
installed by sears last july. It quit working over a week ago and
sears hasnt got the parts yet, they promise AGAIN it will be fixed
by friday some parts didnt help......

Meanwhile no hot water at all

I think sears should of had the parts overnighted, and since they
have been unable to fix it they should offer a refund on the tank.
maybe 50% but perhaps more.

what do all of you think? I beleve no hot water for over a week is
unacceptable.....

and this occured in pittsburgh far from the new york disaster...

Hi,
I always used Sears for convenience, not the price. They come in three
levels of tanks, best being 10 year free replacement one. Never had
problem with their service. If they live in smaller town, don't think
they carry full line of parts locally. I live in a city where their
regional parts depot is. Never had an issue with parts requirement.
Any how, there are not many parts on a water heater. What's the matter?
Can't they rob the needed parts from their inventlry of tanks? Not
having hot water is a bummer.