Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim[_46_] Jim[_46_] is offline

Default Refrig victim of Sandy

On 11/06/2012 10:06 AM, wrote:
If your fridge is over 20 years old I'd suggest simply going to a store and looking at new ones. Instead of just a bunch of shelves they have a lot of nice features. The same would go for a 20 year old car- going from a cassette deck to a CD and MP3 player, ABS, airbags, and of course lots and lots of cup-holders.

Did just that. Placed my order for a new refrigerator this
morning. Too many parts simply no longer available for the old
one. At 24 years of age now it would likely fail completely
anyway sometime soon.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.