Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default For want of a screw (not that kind)

On 11/6/2012 12:24 AM, Dave wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:47:19 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
You really don't seem to get it. Manufacturers will pop one in the
mail, yes. We are talking retailers. It would cost a manufacturer more
to bill a customer than to give it away. They do not deal with cash,
retailers do.

Gotta disagree with you a bit here Leon. Thinking of Lee Valley Tools.
They *do* absorb the cost and would send you the part. But then, a
large part of LV's marketing model is their customer service.

Agreed! But as you indicate, Lee Valley on a normal basis charges for
shipping pretty much at the top of what you pay for shipping from any
one else. And every thing that I have ordered from LV has come via UPS
so their shipment is insured. They absorb the cost of mam power to
reship and probably the shipping cost but not the replacement cost of
the item lost.

Not too many companies are in the same category as Lee Valley Tools.

This is true and oddly no one complains about their shipping costs. LOL