Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Installing Manual Transfer Switch/Generator Advice

George wrote:
Ok, here is some advice!
Do you own you house free and clear? If so, go ahead and do it
yourself. If there is a problem and your insurance won't pay, you
are out the money.
If you have a mortgage and you have a serious problem with the
switch or your wiring and the insurance won't pay, your mortgage
holder will probably require you to pay off the balance immediately
and make them not liable for any losses.

Get it installed professionally. Not that expensive.

It IS that expensive.

But not everyone is interested in heybub quality work.

Heh! Good rejoinder!

But you can't know the quality of my work. For example, I once turned an
electrical distribution panel into a sub-panel by simply slaving it to the
panel located six inches away. It's lasted, now, for, oh, two weeks or more.

So there.