Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Cement Rendering / Damp

wrote:
Sorry, the dividing wall is between the kitchen and the extension,
both have the concrete floors.

I had a chemical DPC done by a plasterer a few years back.

In which case the horizontal row of holes must still be visible both inside
and outside the house?
If not then they are plastered over inside and rendered over outside - they
should not be covered, they can be filled in, but the brick that has been
injected should be visible (provided you've removed the skirting boards)

I think it needs injecting again, the rendering and internal plaster
completely removing and fresh render applied inside and out, stopping
*above* the DPC in both cases....chances are he's used browning or other
similar inappropriate plaster internally.

I assume the dividing wall was once an external wall prior to the extension
being built?