View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default I know where to go!

Sure there will always be those people with the “mentality of entitlement” but that’s not the issue here. The issue is fairness. The right to fairness when seeking an education, the "right" to fairness when seeking health care, the "right" fairness when seeking food and housing. To explain what I mean by fairness let me give you an example:

Let’s say for example that there is a big hurricane coming and you’re told to leave the city. So you quickly pack your family in your vehicle and set out on the road when you realize that you need gas. So you stop at a gas station where the owner tells you that he’s selling a gallon of gasoline for $300 a gallon. In fact the other gas stations have also raised their prices to $300 dollars a gallon. You only have about nine hundred dollars and three gallons isn’t going to get you far. You argue with the gas station owner but he simply says that it’s his gas station and he can damn well sell his gas for any price he likes and that he’s just taking advantage of a very profitable situation.
Do you think that is fair?
If you think that it is fair then I have nothing more to say to you other than you better hope you don’t meet other people that think like you do. But if you think that it isn’t fair then I would like to point out to you that this is exactly what is happening with the health care in this country.. Only the big hurricane is in your body and the health insurance companies are the gas station owners.