Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default My Computer Changed The TIme By Itself

micky wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 20:00:33 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

There are so-called "atomic clocks" that do set themselves using a
signal from a satellite. I have a small one that I got very cheaply
at a hamfest, and

I don't know of any clocks except gps and such that use a satellite. Ground
beacons are sent from Colorado from NIST. Once, they used to broadcast from
near DC area. You usually can't pick up the signals during the day.

I don't know if they have more than one cesium clock at the colarado
station. It used to be, the standard was averaged from banks of cesium beam
units near DC.separated from each other, along with one or more hydrogen
masers. The Current beacons may be synced by satellites.

Greg