Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Does anybody really know what time it is?

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 21:57:34 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-04-2012 20:23, micky wrote:
wrote:
When I wore a watch, folks would often come up to me and ask,
"Can you tell me what time it is?"

When I wore a watch in Guatamala City in 1971, a man came up to me and
said "Corazon" (heart). I thought maybe he was saying he loved me,
but I'd never seen him before.

Eventually I firgued out he was saying "Que horas son", What hours are
they, What time is it.

¿Qué hora es? is the normal way to say it.

In Guatamala specifically? The textbook I read gave both versions.

Probably not a native
speaker

No, no, no. He was defintely a native speaker, probably from there.

--or maybe just listens to too much Manu Choa.