Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Does anybody really know what time it is?

On 11-04-2012 20:23, micky wrote:
wrote:
When I wore a watch, folks would often come up to me and ask,
"Can you tell me what time it is?"

When I wore a watch in Guatamala City in 1971, a man came up to me and
said "Corazon" (heart). I thought maybe he was saying he loved me,
but I'd never seen him before.

Eventually I firgued out he was saying "Que horas son", What hours are
they, What time is it.

¿Qué hora es? is the normal way to say it. Probably not a native
speaker--or maybe just listens to too much Manu Choa.

Being the miscreant that I am, I have
several practiced responses. ^_^

1: "Where?"

2: "Of course I can tell time! What do I look like, a moron?! I've been
able to tell time since I was four years old!"

3: "What time zone?"

4: "xx:xx Greenwich Mean Time"

"Yes, I can. €¦ Oh, would you like me to do so?

--
Wes Groleau

¡Qué quiero realmente hacer es comer un perrito caliente!
ç§ãŒå®Ÿéš›ã«ã—ãŸã„ã¨æ€ã†ä½•ã‚’ホットム‰ãƒƒã‚°ã‚’食ã¹ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã§ã‚ã‚‹!
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.org/WWW?itemid=463