Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Lessons from octopod furnaces

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I helped take out one of those. it had several hunded pounds of sand,on top.
The top of the furnace tapred in, sort of like the shape of a paper snow
cone container. That made for a LOT of work to get all that sand out. Then,
the sand up the stairs, and dump in the yard.

My house originally had coal furnace of some kind. I can't figure how it
was hooked up. I do know, the second owner must have converted to oil early
in time. My rafters above where the furnace would have been are very black.
I'm well familiar with coal, both grandparents mined it. I remember the
coal stove in the kitchen, coal fireplaces, coal furnace.

Greg