Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For want of a screw (not that kind)

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:16:09 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/4/2012 5:11 PM, MJ wrote:

Oh come on... if it is really that difficult to find a screw locally, then
why are you so cheap as to not just buy the damned thing? What are you
going to save with all of this effort - a couple of bucks? Sheese...

Mike,

My rant really was against DeWalt for choosing an odd thread/size
screw
to begin with. I checked with Sears and they want $10 to ship
a $1 screw.

Which begs the question, If you were having a smaller item than the
screw shipped, say a 5 karat diamond, would you then think $10 would be
too much for shipping?

g Not quite fair. A screw could be secured to a sheet of paper and
mailed in an envelope for a buck. A diamond couldn't, securely,
anyway. Good vendors would consider the first and faint from the
second.

--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our