Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Han Han is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Why would the gas company pay you to put in a furnace that uses less of
their product? That would be like McDonalds paying people to take diet
pills.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Diogenes" wrote in message

Check with your local gas supplier about available rebates for
installing a high-efficiency gas furnace. I replaced the rickety,
20-year-old gas furnace in my daughter's house with a new 97%
efficient unit and received a $800 rebate from the gas company.

More likely the gas company gets a kickback from the installer and the
state pays you a good boy premium for conserving.

I hired a company to oversee the installation of extra insulation in the
attic (foamed between the rafters, and sealed everything in sight,
including the plate on the foundation). I got a check from the state for
50% of the costs. Paperwork was all done by the contractor. Made things
much more pleasant this past summer.

--
Best regards
Han