Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hurricane Sandy and concentration camps

On 11/4/2012 4:41 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 11/4/2012 2:07 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 10:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
You do know I was being fecesious[sic]? ^_^

Does that mean full of feces ?

Of course. I see you understand what sic means. ^_^

TDD

I don't think *you* understand what it means, Dufas. It's used when
quoting someone else's errors verbatim, not as an editorial wink about
your own intentional misspellings.

Not so, my studies taught me differently. ^_^

Adverb:
1:Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase)

World English Dictionary

sic (sɪk)
€” adv
so or thus: inserted in brackets in a written or printed text to
indicate that an odd or questionable reading is what was actually
written or printed [Latin]

Here are sources of the meaning and usage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/what-does-sic-mean/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sic

I will gladly stand corrected if you can prove me wrong. I like to
learn, something I've enjoyed my hole[sic] life. ^_^

TDD