Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Han Han is offline

Default Lessons from Sandy

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:k76h54
:

You lucked out on your heating system. If you have a gas water heater
you can live like civilized people without electricity. ^_^

Yep, we lucked out on that point and many others. The house is well-
insulated, so even with only 2 people rattling around inside, it only got
as cool as 58° for a little bit. That is endurable. We had cellphones
working (recharge from car), LED flashlights, a propane Coleman lantern for
bright light (only one), functioning stove and water heater. I even have a
propane catalytic heater (Mr. Heater portable Buddy), but I was a little
hesitant using it in an enclosed space.

--
Best regards
Han