Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nvic nvic is offline

Default Toshiba model Satellite A205, model PSAF3U-0NROOV laptop problems

On Nov 4, 1:55*pm, wrote:

Actually while you're here, just what kind of laptop would you recommend ? Maybe an Acer or something ?

Acer bought Gateway in October 2007. Gateway, eMachines, and Acer are
all the same thing, and pretty much all of their models are flimsy
junk. Also stay away from anything made by Toshiba, the power jack
breaks on most of them...I've seen 22 Toshibas in the past year for a
variety of problems, all but 3 had a broken jack.

Look at reviews if considering Sony. The high end stuff is quite nice,
but quality of the lower-end stuff seems to vary by model.

I personally like the HP Probooks and Dell's Vostro and Latitude
stuff. They're a bit more expensive (and things like a webcam are
often extra, these are mostly sold as enterprise units), but many
models from those lines can take a serious beating. Many models will
probably obsolesce before they break. Also, at least in my experience,
they came with limited bloatware that actually uninstalled cleanly, so
you don't have to format as soon as you get it.