Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default O/T: Sandy

No, in NJ...

I won't say where. Even though I don't work there any longer, they don't
like the NOC locations disclosed. Understandable especially in todays
times, and I left them in 9

On 11/4/2012 1:41 PM, Han wrote:
tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote in news:-
:

Most IT generators are located on tops of buildings.
But most battery backup systems are in the basement due to weight.

Do you see a problem with salt water and batteries???

Ummm, salt water would only be a problem if it formed a path between
battery terminals or wiring. But that could indeed become a problem if the
pumps failed ...

I worked at AT&T years ago, the NOC had the batteries 3 floors below...
just can't see that being bad where that building was located. But put
it closer to the shore and I can't see that being smart.

You mean the old ATT building close to the Brooklyn bridge?