Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Man am I grumpy.

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 20:30:47 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

What does the auto idle do?
I am using power constantly for lights or computer. So when idling will
it produce enough power?

I am thinking about a big unit. According to some of the guys here on
the rec there's no global warming. But I live right by the Delaware
River. we had 3 100 year floods in under 2 years. This storm on top of
Irene and the Halloween snowstorm last year has made me think I
underpowered my generator severely. In the last 12 years the frequency
of use is rising drastically. I want water and hot water... I'm thinking
12k might just be the ticket, or a little more to run some other things.
12k would just get me water and hot water.. both are 30amp 220... so
maybe a 18k unit working off propane...

Auto Idle is good if your just running loads that cycle. One 25 watt
bulb will kick it up. The propane is good, when we had the long
outage I always had to haul fuel from out of the area. I was still
working then and ran a bucket truck all over w. wa. so it wasn't
difficult to get fuel.

Mike M