Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For want of a screw (not that kind)

MJ wrote:
I have a Dewalt 321 top handle jigsaw. Over the summer, the screw
holding
the foot came loose. I thought I scooped up all the parts, and it
appears I did
but the damn screw, wasn't with the parts!

I decided the other day to put the foot back on the saw and searched
all over
for the screw, but I didn't have it. Damn it.

Took the saw today to the local ACE. They had a ton of choices, but
no screw fit the hole. Ok, went on-line and it seems that most of
the parts dealers have it, but I'm sure I'm going to pay $5 to ship
it
to me!. ARGH!

There is no Dewalt service center nearby within a 25 mile radius, but
I'll keep trying.

Looking for suggestions. I don't know the thread or size of the screw
since
DeWalt doesn't list them on the part number. Fastenal has it, but the
local
one didn't have it in stock.

Frustrating, to say the least.

MJ

Oh come on... if it is really that difficult to find a screw locally, then
why are you so cheap as to not just buy the damned thing? What are you
going to save with all of this effort - a couple of bucks? Sheese...

--

-Mike-