Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Manual Transfer Switch/Generator Advice

There is a certain simplicity, here. I like it. Line from generator. Would
that be extension cord, or a power inlet, and bit of Romex? It might be
possible to put the generator out in the barn. Run some UF to the house, and
put a "powered by generator" socket next the furnace plug.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message

Originally, the power line from the furnace went to a junction box on a
joist above the furnace, where it joined a house current line from the
breaker box. I disconnected that junction in the box and connected the house
current line from the breaker box to a plug outlet which I mounted in the
box. I then put a plug on the line from the furnace and plugged it into the
outlet in the junction box.

When the power goes out, I unplug the furnace line from the house current
box and plug it into a line coming from the generator. I did the same with
the well pump and the water heater.

Paul