Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] billshatner71@gmail.com is offline

Default Cement Rendering / Damp

Hi all,

thanks for the replies.

The damp is in the inside of the external walls but also in the dividing wall.

It goes up about 4 feet.

The plaster seems to stop about an inch above the floor.

I say it's *in* the walls. The bricks are actually damp.

There's no radiator in the kitchen but I had one put in the extension. It seems to dry out the wall until it rains again.

It could be that the DPC has been bridged but I can't even see a DPC to be honest. The bricks were painted black. The paint had peeled about below where the patch of hollow render is.

Could it be a water course under the extension?

Thanks again all.