Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG CRNG is offline

Default Austrailian view of Red Cross

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:05:16 -0400, Diogenes
wrote in Re
Austrailian view of Red Cross :

I never saw Uncle Joe pass a Salvation Army bellringer without making
a donation. He said that the "Sallies" were always right up at the
front, providing coffee, food and spiritual comfort to the combat
troops, well within range of the German artillery. Meanwhile the Red
Cross was posturing and posing for pictures back in the rear areas
where it was safe. His high regard for the Sallies was equaled only by
his utter comtempt for the Red Cross.

Remember about 20 years ago when there was an uproar when Elizabeth
Dole was appointed head of the Red Cross with a salary of $1M+ per
year and no experience what so ever? I stopped donating to the RC
then and switched my donations to the Salvation Army. In the 20 years
since, I'm always glad I did.