Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
terryc terryc is offline

Default Austrailian view of Red Cross

On 02/11/12 22:54, Stormin Mormon wrote:
A good survivalist comments on Red Cross.
From another list.

I call fake and challenge you to provide the complete message from the
other list. Headers and all.

Remember this is the AUSTRALIAN Red Cross and not the USA version.

"When I was in New Guinea, we always knew where the Red Cross were. Back
behind the lines, around HQ somewhere. Diggers on the front line never saw
the buggers until they rotated back to the rear echelon. The Salvos, well,
they were usually up there with us.

Bull****. No one is allowed to wander around the front lines, or any
military action or establishment unless they were part of the military
or condoned and supported by the military. So that person had to be
either a individual solider or a chaplain.

Where the front line was, where the
troops were in most need. Quite a few got wounded or killed. But they
were always there, with a bit of soap, or some hot tea, razor blades, or
just a pencil and some paper to write letters home.

That was standard stuff sent overseas by many Australians in kits for
the soliders. My mother told me stories of preparing tins of biscuits
and stuff to send to soldiers on the front line.

There is also the issue of how in hell that stuff got there when
military supplies struggled, During WWII, if you sent anything of size
overseas, you had to have a very good reason. you didn't just rock down
to the Post Office and send off your sealed parcel.

We've asked around and no one in our families every remembers the five
people who served in that area ever saying a bad word about the
Australian Red Cross in that zone. There was nothing but complimentary
comments.