Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Installing Manual Transfer Switch/Generator Advice

"micky" wrote in message
Transfer switch for this seems a straight forward install (house is only
6 years old). Just kill the power and wire up a few breakers. I assume
someone fairly handy can do this yes? (did plenty of home wiring in our
old house) Was thinking 6 circuit Reliance transfer switch (20 or 30
amp) would do the trick.

I don't know nuthin' but how can a 30 amp switch be enough for a 5000
watt generator, peak or not.?

If you can devide 5000 by 240 you will see how it can.

It comes out to slightly less than 21 amps.