Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Installing Manual Transfer Switch/Generator Advice

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 17:24:57 -0700, Paul Drahn
wrote:

Ok, here is some advice!
Do you own you house free and clear? If so, go ahead and do it yourself.
If there is a problem and your insurance won't pay, you are out the money.

If you have a mortgage and you have a serious problem with the switch or
your wiring and the insurance won't pay, your mortgage holder will
probably require you to pay off the balance immediately and make them
not liable for any losses.

Get it installed professionally. Not that expensive.

Paul

I don't know the skill level of the OP so I'm not going to say if he
should do it or not. The rest is BS though. The insurance will pay
for your incompetence.