Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Another Windows Annoyance

Cydrome Leader wrote:

In sci.electronics.design Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I've been paring out unneeded Windows Services... practically HALVED
my memory usage on boot-up :-)

Now I've got something popping up a DOS window during boot-up.

It pops up and goes away so fast I can't manage to snag it with
"Pause" to see what it is.

Is there a way to boot-up that steps thru the boot-up, loading one
item at a time?

Boot up in Safe Mode and see what's loading.

run msconfig and shut off junk startup services.

it will warn you after you boot that you made changes, tell it you don't
care and it stops nagging you.

I've used MSConfig since 95 was introduced. He wants to know WHAT is