Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default HELP! what's going wrong here?

In article
,
Robert Macy wrote:

On Nov 1, 10:00*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
*Robert Macy wrote:

I have absolutely NO idea how to solve this other than bite the bullet
and spray the ****** out of it.

I've been waiting for the stucco experts to come out and tell you that
you aren't supposed to paint stucco.

Say what?! Sounds good to me, but stucco absorbs rain like you
wouldn't believe, stays wet for long time, and I swear smells moldy
afterwards. Solution is to paint [read that as seal the surface and
seal all those thousands of cracks]

Not supposed to paint? Is there a URL that explains?

This seems to be one of those "is duct tape a lubricant" issues. It's
been discussed several times here, and you can search the archives. The
position of the nay-sayers is this:

shawnbennett wrote:
DO NOT PAINT YOUR STUCCO!! You may as well wrap your house in plastic
wrap, it will not breath and you WILL get mold. Stucco should never be
painted. If you want the cracks fixed and maybe a updated texture, then a
restucco is what you need. Depending on the stucco , you can fog coat it.
But if you like painting every 3 years , go ahead and paint but you will
be cleaning mold off of your window sills and the mold will strt to grow
in the stucco along the bottom of the wall because there is no where for
the humidity to go. Call 3 or 4 stucco contractors and you will see that
generally a restucco is 25% cheaper than paint and if its done right , it
should last you a lifetime.