Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default HELP! what's going wrong here?

On Nov 1, 11:46*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
...snip...
Are you sure the paint is fully dry? *If it went on as thick as you
said, there may be dampness under what appears to be a dry surface,
and that dampness would be where there is an overlap and the paint is
the thickest.

Good point! I am watching to see if the effect is mitigating over
time.

I fear that what I am seeing is a subtle effect of slightly smoothing
an otherwise rough coating and THAT simply shows up as a shiny line
about 4 inches wide of vertical strips down the wall. When the sun is
on the wall the lines are very pronounced, when the wall is completely
shaded, not so much, but still discernible.

I have absolutely NO idea how to solve this other than bite the bullet
and spray the ****** out of it.