Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Comcast offers free Wi-Fi service to all in Sandy's path

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:20:53 -0400, willshak
wrote:

harry wrote the following on 11/1/2012 4:23 AM (ET):
On Nov 1, 4:49 am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
I thought this would interest some of my Northern cousins who've had a
hard time due to the bad storm up there. ^_^

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...fers-free-wi-f...

http://tinyurl.com/czapbkd

TDD

Don't you need electricity for Wi-Fi?

Some of dose new fangled thingamabobs have something in them that holds
a charge so dat the thingy works. I think dey call it a 'bat tree' or
sumpin like dat.

There was a good bit on the news this morning. One of those 'jaded,
hardnosed, selfish' New Yorkers who had power in Manhattan set up a
couple picnic tables on the postage stamp lawn- ran some extension
cords out- and put up a sign 'free phone charging and wi-fi' [or words
to that effect.] There were a dozen or so folks hanging out there-
and twice that many devices plugged into the spider web of cords and
splitters getting charged up.

Jim