Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Hurricane Sandy looks pretty bad

wrote in message
news
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 02:39:21 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"ATP" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Maybe it was bad, some where near you. I never lost power, but tens of
thousands of people near me did lose power.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...

Seen a lot of the folks who REFUSED to evacuate whining that they
wanted
to be rescued. My opinion is that if you stayed behind and now need
rescue you should pay for the assist.

Here in northern CT it was pretty much a non-event. For me it turned
over an empty trash can, dropped a few branches, and not much else.
Accuweather and the Governor were telling me that the sky was falling
the whole time.

My yard was covered in about 18" of water. One of my job boxes ended up
block down the road. Glad I stayed, the neighbor two doors down got
robbed. Just got power back and I'm pumping out the basement.

18" is no joke, but a lot better than 5 feet....
You are very lucky to have gotten your power back so quickly, after having
lost it.
With 4 million people without power, suckas are going to be powerless for
weeks.

Yeah, considerable looting.... I thought dat **** only happened in race
riots, silly me.....
Westchester is an effing mess, NJ too. Whole towns are without power.

I lucked out. For once, I didn't lose power, and the assholes in their
mansions across the street did lose it.
Let them eat cake, while I cut some aluminum on my RAS.... LOL

I did get a good albeit indirect show of exploding transformers, which
positively lit up the sky, facing NJ (from le Bronx) above the GW
Bridge..... holy ****.... proly not the nukuler explosion of the 14th
street transformer, but enough to light up the sky in green, blue, and
red.

All of the power companies should have powered down just before the
storm hit, and then brought it back up bit at a time after checking
damage. Would have prevented virtually all of the fire damage and
hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to the grid.

They did that for Fire Island this storm and Irene.