Conan The Librarian

Default First time bent lamination (kinda long)

Nova wrote in message ...

I used to have a chart stored on my system that estimated the amount of springback when dry bending based on lamination
thickness, radius of the bend and the type of wood used. I lost it somewhere along the line. I believe it originally came
from the Tauton Press "Fine Woodworking" web site. Google groups turns up a dead link to a "springback.htm" file. Searching
their site the chart may have been in "Fine Woodworking", Issue 164, July/August 2003 in an article on page 54:

LAMINATION BENDING
by Lon Schleining
Produce strong, tightly bent parts with minimal springback

Thanks for the lead. I'll check the back issues here in our
collection.

To the others who responded: Thanks for your feedback. I kind of
figured the type, thickness, etc. would make the difference. I was
just curious if folks had specifics on particular species.

Chuck Vance